Nothing says Feliz Navidad like a dancing terrier

It’s Christmas Eve morning here in Mexico. Mark, Scout, Archie and I want to wish all our readers and friends a very merry Christmas and happy New Year. I can’t tell you how much we appreciate your sharing our journey with us.

This year’s celebration at Casa RambleCrunch will be a simple one. A live tree, minimalist decorations, a smattering of prezzies. We travel lightly, so all our Christmas gifts are either practical, digital or edible. Besides, we have so much to be grateful for, from our health to our wonderful adventures, that we really don’t need much else.

At least that’s what I keep telling Scout.

Christmas Eve day will consist of a serious bake-a-thon starring ginger cookies, kiss pies, and fresh cinnamon rolls. Wherever you are on the planet, I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to smell our creations.

Then, on Christmas Day we’ll be joining good friends for dinner, which we’re REALLY looking forward to. It should be a wonderful evening. Our friends—another traveling family (of seven!)—are always loads of fun to spend time with. And frankly they really nailed the Thanksgiving meal, which means we have high hopes for tomorrow’s encore performance.

So that’s what we’re doing with ourselves this Christmas. How about you? What are your plans?

Let us know in the comments what you’ll be up to this holiday!

And in the meantime, I leave you with this (Psssst, Dad—Remember to press the triangle in the middle!):

1 Edward deMahy December 24, 2012 at 9:53 am

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE CARD.
My Christmas will be more minimalist than yours. I have one small red cardinal or ament and a small wreath hanging from a lamp on the kitchen counter thats been there since last Christmas when a friend gave it to me as a Xmas gift. I’ll be spending Christmas even a the annual open house of some friends … Always a festive time. And the big day with my mother and “some” of my family.

2 Mark December 28, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Happy Holidays to you Edward! Despite the JibJab card, we have minimized Christmas a lot since we’ve been traveling. Not practical to keep a lot of Christmas decorations. So we make some and find other creative ways to celebrate the day. We DID manage to find a real tree this year — though it was dried out and half-dead. Last year, in Turkey, all we managed was a Christmas “shrub.”

3 Tom Medsger December 24, 2012 at 10:30 am

Hello to all,
Great card! Archie can really dance, as can all of you.

I’m getting together with my nephew, his wife and daughter, plus a friend, for Christmas Eve dinner. And tomorrow, gift opening in the morning then dinner with Roger, Wendy, Zoe, and Wyatt Burg. plus Wendy’s mother and sister, and assorted friends. It’s always fun.

Best wishes! ¡Feliz Navidad! Happy New Year.

Tom

4 Renee December 24, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Thx, Tom! Our talent never ceases to amaze me…

Sounds like a wonderful holiday for you. Please give our love and Xmas wishes to everyone at Chez Burg.

5 Mark December 24, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Tom, please give Roger, Wendy et al a BIG HELLO and Feliz Navidad from the D’Antonis. Have a good time.

6 Clelie December 24, 2012 at 10:48 am

I have two beautiful wooden reindeer on the mantelpiece. Oh, and a smattering of cards. I had a fantastic solstice meal with some friends up on the Howe Sound, and after Christmas Day phone calls to the famdamily in Edinburgh, I am going to a movie with another friend. My cat will be warm, healthy, and happy, but I’ll never be able to get her to dance like Archie does!

Love to keep hearing about everything you do. Love to you all.

7 Renee December 24, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Sounds wonderful. Will the elephant be celebrating too?

8 Bill D'Antoni December 24, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Love ur dancing card! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

9 Mark December 24, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Thanks, Bill! Hope you’re having a great holiday with family. All our best.