Scout’s first sleepover camp

by Renee on August 21, 2012

Yesterday we dropped off Scout at her first sleepover camp, a wilderness camp here in BC. She’s totally pumped and was horrified when she found out I planned to drive her up instead of just chucking her onto the camp bus.

One year trapped in an RV with one’s parents will do that to a person.

After we arrived, I managed to take a few photos before Scout kicked us off the property.

Because the camp is a long way off the main highway, these two welcome dudes were stationed along the route. Very nice!

Scout’s counselor and an assistant taking the kid to her cabin

Buckets of fun stuff to do — ropes courses, archery, canoeing, bouldering, hiking, arts and crafts, swimming, campfires.

Lots of cheerful counselors.

Getting acquainted.

Score! Last top bunk in the Sky Pilot cabin.

Lice check! (She passed.)

Scout only agreed to pose if Mark and I promised to leave immediately afterward.

Point taken. Bye bye dear!

1 elaine August 22, 2012 at 7:46 am

wow she’s all grown up! When did that happen? I can’t wait to hear all about her camp adventures. give her a huge hug from me :)

xo

2 Chris and Carol August 22, 2012 at 8:44 am

Good following you. We are so proud of you and you as parents and the gifts you have given Scout!
(We are the two American women you met in a campground in Turkey – and live in SW France and Florida)
What are you guys doing next? Hope it’s fun. That’s what life’s about. We just returned from a backpacking trip into the Pyrenees with our new Lab pup, (now 5 months old). It was her first “mountain” experience and she did great. We did pretty well for two old gals also.
Love to hear from you and Mark.
Chris and Carol

3 Renee August 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Ack! Of course we remember you guys! I’m SO glad to hear from you. Emailing now….

4 kat Thornton August 23, 2012 at 2:23 pm

LICE CHECK! Oye! Hope she has the best time ever. Doesn’t look like she’ll be calling home constantly…or at all…that smile on her face makes me think she’ll be just thrilled to be on her own and in her element. Love to you all. xx

5 Renee August 23, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Yes, I cracked up when the counselor told us about the lice check. What happens to the poor poppets who don’t pass? Booted home? Or perhaps the Karen Silkwood scouring treatment?

Love back atcha!

6 Jenn August 27, 2012 at 6:04 am

Love it! Great photos. What a blast for Scout :)